View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 11:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,388 Times in 3,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Updates: My agent responded 6 minutes after I messaged him yesterday and I received a notification, but I didn't see it until I went to follow up this morning. He just asked for a ZIP code in Phoenix and I asked him to search near me first, giving him the 20 ZIPs that I found when the new agency hired me.
I also sent him a picture of my car immediately after the crash and asked if he wanted more.
He said that there aren't any other body shops in-network in all of the ZIPs I gave him, so I gave him the list for Mesa.
He then e-mailed me a list of 5 places in Scottsdale and Tempe, but none in Mesa, which is bigger.
Three are already open and the other 2 open at 8, so I am about to start calling.
Why are you working with your agent when it's the at fault insurance that should be cutting the check?

Don't know the law in AZ (but I spent 4 hrs in Sky Harbor last night), but in Oregon you can get your vehicle repaired at any shop, which means you can get quotes for repair from any shop.

I get 2-3 quotes from shops and compare those estimates to what insurance is willing to pay, then I make them pay it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
I've never met anyone who was fully compensated for their loss, unless they sued for the balance in small-claims court.
One does not have to accept the proposed settlement.

I went 2 months showing comps to an adjuster before they increased their initial offer by 2.5 times. They wanted to say my car was worthless because every body panel was damaged. The car ran perfectly with nothing functionally broken. There weren't comparable cars for sale, and I had to keep arguing that I couldn't purchase a running vehicle for how little they offered.

Having other vehicles to drive made it easy for me to refuse their offers and eventually they want to clear the liability from their books, so they conceded. It's people that only have 1 vehicle and can't get by without it that insurance is really able to take advantage of.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 11-18-2021 at 11:21 AM..