View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 10:47 PM   #86 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Chevy has a webpage dedicated to the Bolt Recall:

https://www.chevrolet.com/electric/bolt-recall

That page says:

The actual recall notice is also pretty clear.

People are also confused because instead of reading the recall or GM's page (the myChevy app links to both) they read something online that doesn't apply to their VIN and then get frustrated when they call their Chevy dealership.

A good example of that is the new software for 2019 Bolts. It is ONLY for 2019 Bolts. GM's communication is clear about that and says it will roll out other model years at a later date and GM will notify owner when it is available for their car. However, that doesn't keep owners of other model years from calling their dealer, trying to get the new software, getting rejected, and then going online and complaining.

In both cases, the battery replacement and software update GM is clear: Owners will be notified when it is ready for their car. People just don't want to wait.

EDIT: Some people just like to complain. I just read a post on a Bolt forum where someone is complaining their VIN swap is taking too long because GM shut down Bolt production. (GM is swapping this guy's 2019 Bolt for a 2022 Bolt) Other people are complaining GM is making them choose to either take a buyback or get a new battery. They want to GM to swap the battery, let them drive it for awhile and then have GM buy the car back.
I saw a 2017 Bolt for $15,000. I'm pretty tempted to get it, but don't really need the car... But ideally, I would replace the Prius with an EV, which would make more sense. Maybe some day I'll get an EV again.