View Single Post
Old 12-18-2021, 03:12 PM   #1395 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.18 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Is this the world's best Metro [ad]? :D

I hope that the seller gets a good price for it and someone fixes it up. Behold this marvel of advertising!

Quote:
Up to 50mpg! ....according to forums online. I suspect this Geo will get that after a carb rebuild.

This car was my daily driver last year. Needing a carb clean, it no longer passes emissions. Other issues:
Autozone replaced the battery but did not close the hood all the way. It popped up, damaging the hood and desgroying the windshield. The good news, I bought a NEW WINDSHIELD.
The driverside door does not open. Other door handles are damaged. Passenger window comes out easily. Nice bluetooth radio that sometimes works. Brights work, headlights dont. Afew other things work. A few other things dont. No battery. Bring a battery if you would like to test drive. Runs rich, but certainly runs. New breaks, new bearings, actually new front end! No leaks. Sort of low miles.

This car is very rare and worth a lot online. Why so cheap? I just dont know how to sell a car online. Would rather just get it out of the yard.

Clean title. Comes with a blinky yellow spinning roof mounted magnetic emergency light that does not work. Extra door handles included! Ready to be installed. You can keep the steering wheel lock too.

This is a perfect around town car. Friends have driven theirs across country. This one has stayed in Arizona. No rust! Very desirable. It is a head turner here in Tucson. I used to get compliments daily. The people love this ride! Seats four surprisingly comfortably.

Only trade I will consider is a motor for a Corolla.

Come check it out! May be the eco ride of your dreams. May be a backyard ornament for longer than you expect. If this ad is up your alley, you probably know a thing or two on how to get it back on the road.

Call or text is best

Four1 fyve, 4 too 5, 23six 3
1992 Geo Metro - $800 (Tucson)My 4'9" friend is immigrating from the North Pole, but I don't know if she can drive a stick, and I don't know if I would recommend this car even if she had a far better friend than me.

In four days it will be 8 months since I bought my Camry and I have put 3-4 bottles of Lucas Transmission Fix in my Accord.

I feel underwhelmed.

I don't know how long it took to need the first bottle or 2, just that it took 7.5 months to need 2. I won't drive a car that needs a bottle of transmission fluid (can we expect the Lucas to leak less?) every few months, but my friend can barely afford plane tickets, may need to get a job at McDonald's until she can find something better, and will undoubtedly need help with everything.

I think that I will offer her the car for $500 and if she agrees have her sign a legitimate contract specifying that she will maintain insurance until she has paid off the car.

In theory I wouldn't really be getting rid of a car. If my old friend wants help with my old car I would give her free labor--assuming she can afford the parts.

Isn't having poor friends fun?!