View Single Post
Old 12-19-2021, 02:56 AM   #21 (permalink)
johnathanf1lm
EcoModding Apprentice

Eco taco - '21 Toyota Tacoma Sr access cab
90 day: 22.72 mpg (US)
Also I should have noted that after a couple of thousand miles that high speed city driving is proving to be more efficient mpg wise then highway. What I mean by high speed is like 35-40 mph. 25 is decent also but mostly where I live it's 30-40 average. I will also say it's way easier to drive it efficiently in the city with how it coasts to a stop and the gearing. Highway it seems it can't decide what gear it wants to be in 5th or 6th alot of the time with slight inclines and stuff. I do believe 6th may be too much gear and not enough engine to effectively stay in it which alot of Tacoma owners will say also. to combat this I will be switching my focus to more aero then weight for now. I was looking at (when money permits) investing in a aluminum skid plate that more acts like a belly pan for at least half the truck which should clean up underneath alot. I also have been looking into adding a stealth light bar. It goes behind the lower grill and basically acts like a grill block or at least I plan on maybe modifying it so it completely blocks the air also. Currently I have an almost full upper grill block for the winter but a permeant lower that has an additional function would be way better for year round. I don't plan on towing since I got the 6 foot bed so I won't worry about adding the hitch or anything too. That's my update on my plan so far