View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 10:05 AM   #22 (permalink)
Piotrsko
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,112 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
Considering they are illegal in 90% of jurisdictions they must be better or the man wouldn’t ban them.

Gotta get in the market of converting spent stronger than steel windmill blades into building materials
The man doesn't care, it's the prejudicial nimby's that worry about "property values" that do, then whine excessively to the city officials until they get what they want. BTDTMO

Those blades are pretty much garbage, not worth even the recycling value of the salvage materials in them. Might be stronger than a 2x4 or a sheet of 1/2" mushboard, though. Sticking them together and making the subsequent structure waterproof would be expensive, getting them somewhere else would be supremely pricey, processing them onsite to fit standard shipping requires big exotic equipment like removing a middle apartment in a 20 story complex. They arent flat or straight to commercial standards anywhere.

Like JSH, my retirement plans were pretty much in place, lifestyle altered. Only thing I would do differently would be relocate to somewhere less covid infested. Couple of million more doesn't make me any difference, just leaves more for the kids to inherit.

Last edited by Piotrsko; 01-14-2022 at 10:57 AM..