View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 12:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Hersbird
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,178 Times in 807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I wonder what the purpose of student driver signs is? Not like I drive any differently, because they still have to obey all traffic laws. My assumption is there are a lot more driving teachers these days. I'd bet the majority of kids get paid instruction. Back when I was learning, that was hardly a thing. Nobody I knew had paid instruction. At 15, I did all the driving when accompanying my parents, which is how I learned.
Just going through this with my daughter. All the driver's education classes were full indefinitely. The only way to get a lerners permit at 15 is with a driver's education class which costs like $350. Thankfully our good governor saw the backlog and changed the requirement that said you have to be at least 16 to learn from you parents, so she was able to start when she was 15 for free at home. She is now turned 16 anyway but at least her 6 months is done, now she just had to wait 2 months for a testing spot to open LOL. Some offices had a 6 month wait for the road test!
The Following User Says Thank You to Hersbird For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (01-19-2022)