View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 12:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,069 Times in 1,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
How do you deal with the jerks that just want to trash your stuff? I used to argue with my boss all the time about insurance, but they don't compensate you for your inconvenience.
The bigger risk is what if someone get's hurt using your vehicle. At least with physical damage to your vehicle your loss is limited to the value of the vehicle. Liability for medical injuries could be millions.

I'm an EagleRider member (motorcycle rental company) and about a year ago the introduced EagleShare to allow private individuals to rent their motorcycles to others. When it first launched the insurance terms for owners were unknown - lots of info for renters but nothing for owners. I checked today and now they provide $1 million in liability coverage to owners. That is more than the $300K offered by Riders Share but not enough to entice me to rent out my motorcycle. I would hate to lose everything trying to make $100 renting my motorcycle to a stranger

There is also squishy wording on owner responsibilities to provide a "safe" vehicle to the renter.