View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 03:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
beate
HPV Tussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
You have one of the nicer velomobili here, you'll find a lot of Coroplast.
Actually mine is an old classic

Quote:
Will you be documenting your own progress or looking for suggestions from others?
More of the latter and especially regarding details on aerodynamics. Mostly because i actually tried a lot, and with very limited succes.

Quote:
I think it needs some sort of fish tail.
Which will unfortunately break the design idea, but you are right. I am going to discuss a prototype later on.

Quote:
Are you limited by regulation or weight?
With a velomobile You are ALWAYs limited by weight. Mostly Your own one ;-) No, as long as it remains a bicycle we can almost do whatever we want. I actually removed an old electric support which is not legal according to current regulations (too fast with fresh battery).

regarding your design idea:
You are aware that the open front wheels will be an aerodynamic disaster?

Quote:
Based on that, I'm going to add skegs to my design.
Apparently You are mostly interested in velomobiles for every day use. Are You aware of the Leiba Classic?

Quote:
One more thing... 2022-02-22 Arcimoto will introduce their Platform2. A new 'micromobility solution' in the US$2-3K price range. That should be interesting.
For people in the USA. But here in Europe similar solutions start evolving - Renault Twizzy, Citroen AMI are already on the road and bicycles like the Podbike Frikar and the Quadvelo - heavy 4 wheeled Pedelec bicycles - with weather protection - are said to go into production this year
(Unfortunately i need to refer to some image search...)
The Following User Says Thank You to beate For This Useful Post:
freebeard (01-22-2022)