View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 07:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Customer retention is part of profit maximizing. If I hadn't come up with a solution for them, I'd have seriously considered getting StarLink. At minimum, I would have teamed up with neighbors to share a single internet connection to share the bill across several households.
Yes, customer retention is important but that doesn't mean they are instantly going to give you their best possible price. You were paying $105 a month with the overage charge. They offered unlimited for an extra $20 a month saving you $35 a month. Most people would have said thanks, change me to unlimited and hung up the phone.

They offered you a $70 a month unlimited plan. Switching to Starlink at for $100 a month + $500 for equipment doesn't make sense and they know that.

As to splitting internet with neighbors - good luck. I have tried multiple times to set up shared plans for mobile phone service or streaming services. They always fall apart pretty quick. People seem to dislike sending a monthly payment to friends and family.