View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 07:19 PM   #952 (permalink)
beate
HPV Tussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycle Bob View Post
Under misting conditions, a fan can use over 100 Watts and still be inadequate without extensive ducting and management of exhaled air. My windshield is a lot steeper and easier to reach than the Go-One's, and I was nearly blind riding into a sunset within 1,000 km.
Well, i do not want to neglect the problems - but i own a GoOne 3 (see EcoModder Forum > AltModding > Alternative Transportation
> Beate's old Go-One 3), i just came from a nightly ride where the fan (which indeed operates thouroughly ducted - the manufacturer had finally found a surprisingly good solution, and i am currently exploring its limitations) was at its limits a few times - but i could go faster than 30 kph most of the time.

Even in rain i usually do not need a wiper - and i did not have applied rainX to the screen. But i carry one with me in order to be able to stop and clear the screen if everything fails. So up to now, over a total of 4700 km, it is not optimal, but usable under most conditions. For me it is mostly a fun vehicle and a replacement for a race bike, but there are still a few people in Germany who use their GoOnes for daily commute.