View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 11:51 PM   #99 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.18 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Mom insisted that I looked at a 2007 Odyssey with 180,000 miles 40 minutes away

We tried to do this a couple of weeks ago, but once again not having a local bank haunted me, so I transferred money from my Navy Federal savings account to checking, and then sent it to Mom with Zelle.

Four days later we received a notification that it was processing my payment, so we went to her bank to withdraw half of it, except it kept telling me that I was being too greedy with my own money--and it kept making me start over.

In the end only I was only able to get $1,000.

I read on-line her limit was twice that, but all that Chase said was "We told you your limit when you opened your account!"

It took far too long for Mom and my brother to get ready. Once we got out to the car he insisted on walking around and then brought in the garbage cans.

Then his provider pulled up.

Oh right! His provider comes every Wednesday!

We returned to get the rest of my money, but it kept giving me errors, and made me enter her PIN multiple times.

I was only able to get another $1,000 and Mom told me to just start driving, but then 10 minutes later she mentioned getting cash back from Safeway, so we went the long way, and we ended up buying soup from different lines, getting the maximum cash back, and then I bought my brother soda from a third line, so a $10 convenience fee?

The Odyssey seemed to run and drive perfectly, but the side door motor was broken, and that somehow prevented it from closing, so all six dome lights were on at all time, which killed the battery. They replaced it (with a Civic battery!), but they needed to jump it before each time it was driven.

I guess that is easier than disconnecting the negative battery cable...

I am pretty sure that eventually the clamp would stretch.

Battery disconnect switch?

Well, how hard can it be to replace the motor?

South Main released a 67-minute video about it:

However, Eric the Car Guy released a 17.5-minute video:

Draw your own conclusions.

I noticed several other problems and if I removed the dome light bulbs or otherwise jury-rigged the vehicle hopefully I could drive the vehicle without further maintenance until I have another car road-ready, but I didn't want to buy another project.

Hopefully nobody figures out where I buried the money in Mom's backyard!