View Single Post
Old 01-27-2022, 11:05 AM   #106 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I got a notice that my parent's google password changed and the account was "recovered". Asked mom why she changed the password, and she said she didn't. Later I get a story that she changed her Craigslist password. I asked why, and she said "I wanted to see what would happen". That's not a human response to the question. Nobody wakes up one day and thinks "I wonder what would happen if I changed my Craigslist password". Too irritated to participate in insanity at the moment. It's difficult enough to manage one's own affairs to any degree resembling acceptable.
My mother does. She will call me and say she can't get into an account. It goes like this every time:
  1. I look up her password in my spreadsheet and try it - and it fails.
  2. I ask if she changed her password and she says yes - someone told me (the news, a friend, readers digest, etc) that I should change password frequently.
  3. I say "OK, did you write down the password in your book?"
  4. She says "yes", looks at the book, no password
  5. I recover her password, tell her to write it in her book and enter it in my spreadsheet.

A few months later (whenever it stops auto-entering on here iPad) she calls again. She does write down the password - but never in her book. She writes it down on some random slip of paper intending to write it in the book later but loses the random paper.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JSH For This Useful Post:
Piotrsko (01-27-2022), redpoint5 (01-27-2022), Xist (01-28-2022)