View Single Post
Old 01-30-2022, 08:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
beate
HPV Tussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Not as much as tuft testing.
A bit difficult when You're alone. Even more to view whats happening underneath the rolling vehicle. But anyway: i ordered a chep action camera and will indeed try to make some tuft testing. Camara mounted on a stick mounted to the rear wall.

Back to wheel box aerodynamics: You probably know pictures like that one - i'll show it to be able to refer to the terminology.

And let me refer to the pic of the bottom of my VM: You see that the back of the wheel box remains fairly clean, and most of the dirt is moved out by vortices B and E. Also note that E appears inward bound but aligns with the central chain tunnel and then leaves the bottom toward the back - but most of the dirt comes from Vortex R (as usual...).

Do You think that will mean tha a do not need to touch the back part of the wheel box, at least not in a first step?

What else can be seen:
the fairing allows for a lot of air entering the wheel box, mor or less on the complete lower half of the wheel. Right?

There are no clear signs of a vortex H - not too surprising regarding the geometry of the air intake (which btw prevented me from further closing the bottom of the wheelbox).

Closing the bottom of the wheel box has a clear impact on the flow within the box - there appears a separation between vortices B, S and E which is not present in the unmodified wheel box shown below, wehre the distribution of dirt is a lot more uniform, isnt'it?
The Following User Says Thank You to beate For This Useful Post:
The Toecutter (02-15-2022)