View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 10:30 AM   #24 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
8-inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersbird View Post
Whatever it is it COULD be 8" lower. Just look at the Jay Leno/Elon Musk video. Jay is not super tall at 5'11" but he has SOOO much headroom. Musk does too at almost 6'2" and they are both sitting very upright. Somebody 7'6" could sit in there without reclining the seat at all.
True, but how are you going to wear a ten-gallon hat? That's really important in the pickup capital of the universe.
If you like speculations, I believe that NHTSA rollover/ roof-crush structural safety standards have something to do with CYBERTRUCK's 'truss' roof. The second speculation has to do with providing and aerodynamic trip-strip, right where it would count.
In addition, in the near-impossibility of a rollover event, that 8-inches might make the difference with respect to a spinel cord injury and permanent paralysis, learned from Ford Explorer and Expedition crashes. You may 'survive,' but perhaps paralyzed for life.
CYBERTRUCK is the 'lowest' pickup offered so far. I agree in spirit with 'excess' headroom. I vomited when Volkswagen brought out the 'New Beetle' and 'New New Beetle.' Asinine headroom.