View Single Post
Old 02-01-2022, 12:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Stock Taycan drove from New York to L.A. spending less than 2.5 hours charging

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-b2004169.html

This says it would take 112 gallons at 25MPG.
25MPG?!

On a road trip?!

A 2022 Buick Enclave AWD is only rated a pathetic 25MPG highway and has a 22-gallon tank. Assuming you start with a full tank--like the Porche had a full charge, let's not assume you drive until you are on fumes and manage to eke out an extra two miles before running out of gas--good luck planning that!

You would need to be Wayne Gerdes or something!

You don't fill up four times, you fill up five, and:
Quote:
How long does it take to fill the gas tank?
Two to three minutes, In the US, people who fill gas tanks with a flow rate of 3.785 liters per minute can expect to fill their tanks in two to three minutes. In the EU, people who fill gas tanks with a flow rate of 1.1912 liters per minute can expect to fill their tanks in one and a half to two minutes.
https://www.automotiveguider.com/aut...a-gas-station/

Yeah, I spend longer than that.

I remember systems to pay quickly and easily, but I swear that it takes two minutes to swipe my card, give my ZIP, give my club card number, and accept whatever discount I get.

How Stuff Works says that it takes a pump 15 seconds to start pumping after processing your payment and every process involves a delay.

I usually finish cleaning my windshield and back window in about the time it takes to pump.

Hang up the nozzle, wait for my receipt, and take off.

Five stops might take a total of 25 minutes--if you don't stop for food, drink, or bathroom breaks.

So, the Taycan would take six times as long, but I think there is something wrong with someone who drives 500 miles without a break.

No thanks!