View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 08:39 PM   #25 (permalink)
beate
HPV Tussie

Thanks for the tutorials.

Quote:
Some thin bendable form-fold rigid insulation over a crude wood buck fiberglass epoxied over might do it.
Indeed, that'll probably be the final approach. In my prototype i actually went that way, but the card board i've been using as the skin of the prototype was not strong enough, and it reacted strongly even on changes in the humidity of the air. I should probably have treated it with epoxy. And that has intentionally been a prototype to gain experience.

The advantage of that prototype is that i can easily remove the skin and continue working on it.

Here the skeleton - it should be straightforward to improve the basic shape and to cover it with, for example, thin stripes of plywood like i did when i closed the canopy.

What i have learned: it looks as if i could extend th back again, at least a bit, to decrease the surface of the wake.

Maybe i could even change the angle again - the wood i cut off the initial prototype i still there, and a prototype does not require beauty where it is unvisible. And there is still a lot to test.