Thread: Thieves
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2022, 08:54 PM   #22 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,393 Times in 3,366 Posts
Why are things exposed to constant rain made of wood? An 18 year old home shouldn't have railing that's falling over. Things should be made to last more than 18 years. Fences and decks shouldn't be made of wood unless one lives in Arizona.

I'd happily pay 5x more for aluminum or some other material that doesn't have to be painted every 2 years, and will still fail in under 2 decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
I have no sympathy for thieves but, living in a country where it became much more usual to have either full-perimeter fences or high walls around the lots, it does surprise me such approach is still not taken so often in the United States, seemingly in fear of making the neighborhood look "dangerous".
It isn't unreasonable to expect a society that values honor highly enough that transgression against ownership is hardly an issue. Just look at Japan.

Failing that, it isn't unreasonable to expect society, failing an expectation of individual moral virtue, to permit reasonable defence of the domicile.

We're now at the point of prosecuting those who defend their property in any way, including non-violent and with deturing means (McCloskey's).

I blame Disney for all their garbage movies programming children to "listen to their stupid lying hearts". If you have a feeling, that justifies all action. Well, I have a feeling, and it's intolerance of irrational nonsense that harms individuals and society. I was born this way, so that justifies absolutely all of my behavior. Also, I identify as a Chinese, gay, female, bear.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	66640861256__52175DB4-04A9-468F-8995-D881235E792B.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	31701  

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!