View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 10:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Funny
Master EcoModder

Eco-Fit - '13 Honda Fit Base
90 day: 37.06 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBucket View Post
wow you guys alreay had a chat about b210's. some of the comments where off compared to my experiance with the car. concerning some things ya'll pointed out, i already have an electric fan, so that is covered. i have a cat convertor, is it helping my mpg or not? i am going to replace the whole exhaust system and wasn't sure about getting a new convertor. my first thought is to throw on a larger pipe with with a flowmaster style muffler, but i don't want to lose milage. seems to me better flow equals better milage. true?
Good to know about the fan, try to make sure to switch to all synthetic oils, if the tires are still in good shape, pump them to the maximum, and in general follow the 100 tips and tricks on the home page.

About the pipes, better flow is not necessarily bigger pipes, you need to find optimum sized pipes for the flow that your car is going to produce. To big, and the car is gutless at low speed, to small and the car overheats and bogs and sometimes chokes itself out There are some complicated formulas that I can find for you to accurately calculate the ID of the pipe you need.