View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 10:09 AM   #18 (permalink)
hayden55
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Sure this makes a noticeable difference, just notice the size difference between any budget-oriented car from nearly 30 years ago and either their closest modern replacement or some model slotted one class below (yet actually bigger on the outside).
This is true. Cryptinox are you planning on buying a car soon? I see a lot of post from you about rare cars that aren't as economically feasible to find right now. More than likely you need to find an 03-08 Corolla 5 speed. A friend of mine maxed out the odometer on his and still beats on it like its a damn race car (probably has 380k with just brake jobs 12v battery tires oil changes etc...). Much to my surprise that thing takes it no problem and oil consumption is normal. I think right now one of those for $2500 or less without rust and under 200k miles which I think is the way to go. I see them pop up commonly with all of that.
04-09 Prius could be a good choice too. Although ugly and will need a battery rebuild more than likely but the battery rebuild are highly supported since they sold so many priuses. They also can go 300k+ miles no problem with a new battery.
The insight/90's civic 5 speeds are nice just rare now in good condition and the battery in the insight is more costly to mess with.
I think the lack of maintenance required on the Corolla 5 speed will be cheaper in the long run over the couple extra mpg and labor required on the Honda insight.
This is the reason why people love the 4 cylinder Camry's even though the mpg is just average.
Gasoline Fumes (02-14-2022)