View Single Post
Old 02-18-2022, 12:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,393 Times in 3,366 Posts
My previous landlord, friend, and roommate rented out the whole townhouse after we both moved on to houses, and the tenants destroyed it. There was a solid ring of black oil around the finished white walls of the garage where the hobby mechanic braced against the wall with oil soaked hands, so thorough that you couldn't make out individual hand prints. Inside the cats had peed through all carpets, padding, and underlayment. I forget the details of how the fridge, range, and microwave were destroyed. 100% new flooring required. New appliances. New paint. The damage was isolated to 1700 sq/ft of the 3 bedroom 2.5 bath property, but it could have been worse.

I once gave a tenant an extra 2 weeks to make a rent payment, and for that grace period was rewarded with a hammer to all the walls when eviction notice was served.

20% of renters are dirtbag leaches on society. That isn't to say there aren't "reasons" that explain their destructive behavior, as everything in the universe has an explanation given sufficient understanding, but destruction has to be contained regardless.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!