View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 04:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
BlackDeuceCoupe
CAUTION: May Stink!!!

BDC's Honda CiViC HX/Si - '98 Honda CiViC HX/Si (HX Shell/Si Swap)
90 day: 40.56 mpg (US)
Send a message via ICQ to BlackDeuceCoupe Send a message via AIM to BlackDeuceCoupe Send a message via MSN to BlackDeuceCoupe Send a message via Yahoo to BlackDeuceCoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH77 View Post
Unfortunately, my '99 Si used a lot of Mobil 1 between changes. So much so, it dipped into the "too low" category once, disabled VTEC in a hard corner, and forced "limp home mode". Then again, my driving style was a bit different in those days
Yeah, well...

I've stuck with Mobil 1, through thick-and-thin, no pun intended - for 8 years - and I *think* 3 major reformulations - 2 for sure!

I *know* it's NOT the best synthetic motor oil - but it's available in every corner automotive store and supermarket in America. The best synthetic motor oil would be ENEOS (from Japan), as we speak, but nobody on this site (including myself) is willing to pay the price, or go hunt it down... sooo... Mobil 1 it is for me - do or die!

And, I think it's great that ppl are finally warming up to PureONE filters!!! Kudos!

I've been 'pushing' them ever since they've been around! For years, everyone acted like I was nuts, but now - more often than not - someone or another agrees with me on PureONE filters in any particular thread. Weird!

Anyway, I'm sticking to my story! Mobil 1 oil and PureOne filters... sorry!