View Single Post
Old 03-03-2022, 12:03 PM   #863 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,218 Times in 1,709 Posts
I may make an offer on a mobile home.

To summarize my house-buying efforts so far (aside from research):

In 2012 I made an offer on a townhouse the first day that I looked for anything besides single houses and it failed when the valuation came in far too low.

Of course, it is worth a couple times as much now.

I then wanted to look at another place, but my realtor was out of town. He told me to call his wife, another realtor, who didn't make the time that day, and I knew I was doomed. After we looked at the place she asked what I was studying in college. I responded "Speech therapy and I want to make an offer."

"I'll have my husband do that when he comes home tomorrow."

He just told me that I waited too long.

I wanted to check out this house 23 may 2020 and I asked Zillow to get me a realtor. They got me Dawn Stratton who didn't follow up and it sold in 2 days for $185,000.

Zillow now guesses it is worth $$308,200.

The other night I received a notification for an allegedly VA-eligible mobile home that Mom actually likes. It is somehow both nicer and cheaper than I expected to see in the foreseeable future.

My 2 goals for yesterday morning were to tour the house and get a salvage title for the Camry, but instead I tried to help my friend get a mailbox to establish residency and transfer her CDL.

I asked my realtor to see the property and she promptly asked if I wanted to make an offer. I had my friend drive us there and we walked around, then we performed Formation 14B so she could look through the windows.

I sent my realtor my preapproval letter, she asked me some questions, and at 0030 she sent me a contract to sign, but I was supposed to finish my brother's financial report 10 days ago, and I really need to finish!

Last edited by Xist; 06-16-2022 at 03:07 AM.. Reason: I put the date the house sold, not when they accepted the offer.