View Single Post
Old 03-03-2022, 05:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Davej98092
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
ICE vs electric have no clear winner.

Have you considered a Tilting Motorworks kit?

I think the aeroform they chose is sub-optimal. It's got plan taper, but I'd prefer a triangular profile with a low stagnation line and a peaked crest to kill crosswind lift.
I agree with the shape. It looks like a 1980's comprise of form over fitness.
4 foot wide with a 3 foot wheel track. I plan on widening the track and have open sides for the wheel/tires. We will make Carbon-Fiber copies of "Moon" disc's for all three wheels.

When we did the San Diego run we tested the high speed stability and below 90 MPH it very stable and neutral considering the 'Joy Stick' steering. At 75 MPH we could take our hands off the sticks and the trike would go for miles and not need much corrections. Above 100 MPH it got washie and did a swaying pattern, enough that you had to hold the sticks with both hands. I fought it out on 1 run to 105 MPH and when it look like it was maxed out I backed down.

Tilting Motor Works was a NW shop in Snohomish WA but they sold out to Arcimoto in Eugene Oregon around 2018. Bob Mighell and I talked many times and he will not sell a kit out the door... They require an accepted shop to procure the kit from them and install it. If you do not have a Honda Goldwing, Harley or Indian, you don't get a kit. I had 3 Suzuki Burgman 650 owners wanting a kit but we got declined.
They are now TRIO
The Following User Says Thank You to Davej98092 For This Useful Post:
freebeard (03-03-2022)