View Single Post
Old 03-04-2022, 05:20 PM   #881 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,078 Times in 1,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
The mom of a client said they just refinanced and their new payment is 37% higher.

She was more excited about that than I was.
That sounds like a refinance from a 30 year to a 15 year mortgage or a refinance with a big cash out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
To whom do I listen on YouTube?

Joe Scott?

Verisatium?

Linus?

Ah! Homemade Home!

No, he explains how to spend a month finding a distressed property, 6-12 months fixing it up [full-time], and then renting it out.

I don't know what I am missing from my own YouTube history, you tell me!
None of them?

I don't know your full YouTube history - just the multiple videos you have shared with various get rich quick schemes. I believe I said the same thing on all of them: "If this scheme is so foolproof and easy why isn't the author of the video actually doing it instead of selling you on how to do it?"

Some with Homemade Home. I quick look shows he is selling a book - Cheap Homes along with trying to build a YouTube following and make money that way.

The page for the book says:

Quote:
I bought my first house when I was 24, years later I own many more and don't owe a dime. In this short book, I go over how I find houses that I am able to pay cash for, most of which are around $10,000. I skip the fluff and get straight to the stories of how I did it. I also go over how I negotiate prices, even with owners not trying to sell their house. For the cost of an overpriced coffee, you can pick up some basic knowledge that could put you on the road to financial freedom.

Nonsense. How many $10,000 houses do you have to pick from around you?

Some Amazon reviews of his book:

Quote:
Very generic feel good material. No actual insight into the intricacies of real estate. To sum it up in 2 words "be proactive"
Quote:
33 pages of anecdotes and every "deal" he talks about is summed up by "I got lucky". He uses math at insane rates to show you how much you COULD be making, but none of it is realistic. Save your money for the house you want to buy in the future.