View Single Post
Old 03-12-2022, 11:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,628 Times in 1,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
1) For $36 I added a passenger side mirror to my 1984 CRX.
2) At that time, it was quite common for automobiles to have only a single mirror.
In Brazil it used to be still "acceptable" for the cheaper econoboxes to feature only one exterior mirror from the factory, yet some fleet-oriented versions of the VW Santana and Chevrolet Opala which were considered prestigious cars in Brazil could be specified with only a driver-side exterior mirror. Last time I saw a Santana from the '80s with a single exterior mirror was about 8 years ago. On a sidenote, a few days ago while walking the dog I spotted what may be the last '96-'97 Ford Fiesta with only the driver-side mirror in my hometown...

Quote:
7) VW Transporter had two.
8) Dodge D-100 had two aftermarket mirrors.
9) T-100 has two.
Not sure when utility vehicles were mandated to come with exterior mirrors on both sides in Brazil, but most likely it was still in the '60s, yet the stock ones fitted to many medium-duty trucks until the '70s were so small that aftermarket ones which used to be of the same size more often found on modern medium-duty trucks were quite popular. Once in a while I even see some VW Transporter or Chevrolet C-10 fitted with such mirrors.
The Following User Says Thank You to cRiPpLe_rOoStEr For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-14-2022)