View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 02:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
mtgeekman -

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgeekman View Post
Do you know if your version will work with the ELM327 1.3 chip? I just sent my scantool in for an update (was free aside from shipping) they threw in a new chip and upped the data rate to 38000bps.

I might get a chance to test is this weekend. though I think they released the 1.14 to be compatible with it, even that one didn't work.

also some thing I noticed in the OBD2007 pdf that was posted:
I am 85% sure that mine is based on the 1.14 version. If you can't get that version to "talk" to your ELM327, you'd probably have the same problem with mine.

Originally, I had lots of problems making it work. I found out that I needed a "vanilla clean" XP OS install to make it work. It didn't work with my XP off the bat because it was encrusted with all sorts of "barnacle-programs" that interfered with the COM1 port connection. Here's an experiment to emulate a "vanilla clean" OS that might work for you :

1 - Assuming you have Windows XP
2 - Assuming you are using COM1 or COM# port connection.
3 - Assuming COM# ports work in Safe Mode.
4 - Boot into Safe Mode
5 - Run Scantool 1.14 and see if it works.

I am also assuming that the Alegro SW graphics package won't get too upset with Safe Mode.

I will also try this experiment this weekend if I have the time (messy weekend coming up to say the least).

EDIT: No comment on the wide range linear oxygen sensor because I am narrow band. This may be a BIG help to wide band owners. Good catch!!!

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society

Last edited by cfg83; 11-17-2008 at 04:03 AM..