View Single Post
Old 03-28-2022, 01:34 PM   #92 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,218 Times in 1,709 Posts
All the Alaskan told me yesterday was that her daughters push her to the edge of the bed and steal her covers.

I didn't dignify that with a response.

I tried to figure out stuff before starting my notes. I don't know that I got anywhere. I found some interesting videos in the process, and I shared most of them here.

Distractions.

I got to bed late and woke up at 0540 to wait for the Alaskan to drop off her girls maybe.

I wish that I knew ahead of time if they were coming.

I decided to go back to bed at 06, but they showed up just before then. I asked the younger girl why she was carrying her shoes and she responded "I don't want to make Mom late."

Why didn't she put on her shoes before they got here?

The elder one said she needed a charger, so I lent her mine, and I told them to get some sleep, but they just talked and played on their phones.

I don't know how many people can fall asleep in that situation, plus at least one of them kept receiving messages.

I heard many notifications.

The elder one messaged me at 0030 saying she couldn't sleep and kept saying that she was going to sleep in class.

There is no reason the grumpy Veteran couldn't sleep!

Apparently the mom messaged me while I was tossing and turning saying that she didn't know if the elder daughter would be going to school today because she was tired.

She wasn't staying here!

Exhausted and grumpy I drove them to school. The younger one asked why I wasn't talking to her mom.

I just said that I responded to her messages, but I didn't know what to say about the girls stealing her bedding.

Now the mom is saying we need to talk.

No we don't, but I think that I will tell her "I need to sell my Accord by April 15th to pay taxes, let me know what you decide."

I don't, but I am not letting her drive my car for free forever, nor am I dealing with another payment plan.

I didn't think that I would be able to sleep, so I went to work on the shed.

Remember the mud on the bottom of the shed?

I went and found a wire brush and removed what I could, at least in the last gap. I need to clean out 2 more gaps, but I needed to remove the rest of the rotten side 2x4 in order to get the temporary boards in there.

I need to find my dremel and cut the nails flush to the MDF.

I need to jack up the back of the shed in order to replace those 2x4s, which will be cramped.

Parts of those boards crumble in my hands and I guess that rain dripping off the bottom of the shed caused that side board to rot.

I don't remember the other side being bad, but I need to check!

There is damage to the MDF, but it seems tolerable.

When I paid $500 to move the Alaskans from the valley I used the truck to move a pressure-treated 16' 2x4.

I hope that I don't need a second!