View Single Post
Old 03-28-2022, 03:19 PM   #34 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
#7 permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Did Permalink #7 scroll off your page?

I forget why I thought you might find it interesting.
I watched 4:20 of it. ( no pun intended ).
I don't have my climate stuff with me today.
Having read the SCIENCE and NATURE articles following the controversy, I recall that certain political appointments were made in those days, and some in Congress, of a certain persuasion, were passing legislation intended to allow anyone access to the raw data, from which they might 'reinterpret' it, with the sole purpose of casting doubt upon the 'science' of global warming; because of the implications of what policymakers might do with the 'facts.'
'Facts' cannot be argued, so it's of critical importance that 'facts' not see the light of day.
There's a suite of about a dozen paleoclimate tools ( not mentioned in the video ) which have been used to compare the dendrochronology results from the University of Arizona, Max Planck Institute, and others.
The US Navy had declassified it's secret records, historical ships logs were still being discovered and contents entered into the master database by hand.
I recently posted a list for all anthropogenic greenhouse gases, all of them must be factored into he calculus.
Data is just data. What people do with it was the issue. Obviously, where the data led was of great concern to purveyors of fossil-fuels and the Congressmen they own. Patron / client relationships dating to the Roman Empire and beyond. People doing what people do.
freebeard (03-28-2022)