View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 01:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,051 Times in 1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
“Thanks for your purchase inquiry, my name is Athena and I wanted to touch base with you regarding your vehicle inquiry. To answer directly your question; a licensed Customs broker that specializes in these types of goods must do a classification of the equipment to do the necessary research within all the involved agencies (ex. EPA, DOT, etc.). This classification will determine if they are allowed and if so, what is needed. Sometimes permits, certificates and/or licenses are needed. Should you want to have one of our specialized licensed Customs broker research this for you here please find our Regulated Products Consult Link. Classification consult fee is $249.00 for 30 minutes.”

So based on that you didn’t not get the car and loose $249 to get told no.

Nice how this works
What are you trying to import? Canada follows US crash and emission standards today (although they are starting to move to EU standards for some sectors) so it should be possible. Yes, it requires paperwork - you cant just buy a car and drive it across the boarder.

Canadian vehicles were pretty common when I lived in Michigan. I see some for sale here on the West Coast as well.