View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 11:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
ltwargssf
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
how do you keep the under tray in play or insert it? im looking to make one for my car too. no idea how to clip it out
For most of the front part, I was at my local scrap yard and picked up a whole bunch of plastic screw anchors that are on every toyota fender covers. For the rear covers, there were factory holes near and on the subframe which I simply tapped some threads into and had my bolt placements. I will take more pictures when I get back under there to finish the center of the floors where I will most likely build a small metal frame to attach the last sheets. The rear section is almost completely flat now other than about 12 inches where the muffler is.

Another big plus for these covers is road noise reduction and the engine bay/body being protected from the elements. When I first got the car, a lot of small clamps and bolts in the engine compartment were showing signs of rust and that wasn't surprising since you could pretty much see the ground and all the salt would just get on everything. With the covers in place and everything rust proofed, this car should last me a very long time.

Last edited by ltwargssf; 04-07-2022 at 11:36 PM..