View Single Post
Old 04-09-2022, 09:49 PM   #113 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I cleaned out the rest of the shed, moved the drywall, put stir sticks over the insulation in the corner, cut and screwed in 2×4s, and removed a board Dad must have screwed in.

The previous owner cut a rectangle out of the siding in the back corner and used it as a doghouse.

Dad used 2×4s to reattach the piece.

I removed one, screwed the piece into the new 2×4, screwed a smaller 2×4 into the corner one, and screwed in the patch.

Then I took my brother and Mom's car to fix a slow leak.

Of course they could not repair it.

Of course they couldn't find her warranty in their system.

Of course I had the paperwork on me.

Her tires are a couple of years old, but she only drove 3,000 miles last year.

I have only driven Gramps less than 5,000 miles since Luther Vandross's birthday, although I always tried to drive my Accord.

I told The South Pole Elf that she could continue driving my car as long as she doesn't insult or criticize me.

She asked if she can drive my car until Monday when parts are supposed to be ready for whatever she will be driving.

Apparently she will be doing non-emergency medical transport. I didn't ask with which company, but I found this:
Quote:
Pay is .90 cents a mile. You can expect to make at least (up to) $250 a week, but it will probably be much more than that, even up to $1100 a week if a full time driver is on vacation.

-This is not a CDL position. If you are already a Door Dasher or Uber Driver, this will simply be one more app to get business from. Except when we call you, you will rarely make less than $30.00 an hour. More often than not, a lot more. Some routes can take three hours and net you over $300.
https://g.co/kgs/dLLszs

Up to is the opposite of at least!

I cannot find anything about how much part-time drivers actually earn.

I figured that I pay $13.25 to drive to Holbrook and back, but the pay is supposed to be $87.12, which is about what I earn driving out and seeing a client.

Waiting on a customer and helping them get in and out of the car sounds easier than an hour of speech therapy, but do you need to wait there?

Waiting on someone who needs help getting in and out sounds worse than doing speech therapy.