View Single Post
Old 04-10-2022, 03:30 AM   #103 (permalink)
seifrob
Permanent Lurker

Dáčenka - '10 Dacia / Renault Logan MCV 1.5 dCi (X90 k9k)
90 day: 47.08 mpg (US)
Call me a spoilfun, but I like it as it is.
From my point of view:

- the ecomodder is lightweight enough so it loads reasonably well even ob my outdated phone
-yes, the forum UI has its perks, but thats how it is. You are able to mod your car, you should cope with it
- In ever changing web this absence of change is like a breeze. Like visiting favourite pub to check if everything is still right.
- what I am here for is content, the design plays second (third) role as long as it is unnoticeable

"growth = success " theory does not apply here. Ecomodder evolved into stabile community where everything substantial was said, and now people live in peace and enjoy it. Think of it as of a club.
From my point of view, EM is so niche that it was never viable bussiness and Daox and MetroMPG run it more like a hobby. So I am glad that they invest their time.
I was moderator of an Lego-fan forum. Initially mostly family men who took theirs kids Lego (or dug their own from childhood) and tried to do something more with it. You could count active members by hand.
Few members, slow traffic, nice people. What killed us was when owner decided he needs a bigger traffic. Suddenly there were kids/teens screaming "Wow! and Cool!" mixed with homewifes looking for Duplo sets. More does not automatically mean better.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seifrob For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (04-13-2022), Piwoslaw (04-10-2022)