View Single Post
Old 04-11-2022, 08:03 PM   #116 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Day 3,072 days: Still no drywall.

I realized this morning that I never wrote my progress reports for the new agency, so I figured out those, including some new stuff that wasn't included last quarter.

A second person let me know that we have authorization for my newest client--in Show Low!

I still haven't scheduled that client.

I really should!

My brother slept until 11:30. I made him breakfast and took him to Lowe's for the fourth time in 4 days. I bought a half-inch foamboard and 2 cans of Mediocre Material and finally cut the board in a zigzag, but wasn't smart enough to cut the board before walking into the wind.

I should have had room for two 2" boards on top of the 2x4s holding the patch in place, but I forgot that I needed 2" of foam, so I didn't push the foam in, and then the Great Stuff held it firmly in place, so I cut a piece of half-inch board to fit where I couldn't fit 1" board, cut the 1" scraps to fit in the rest of the gaps, and never used any more of the half-inch board.

I screwed 2x4s over each piece of foam board and pushed pieces of wood in between to hold them in-place.

Then I went around, removed the screws from the dog entrance, removed it with my crowbar, and ripped the foam off the patch.

Then I put a big piece of 1" board back there and the foam I ripped off the patch, attaching everything with spray foam and sealing all of the gaps.

I left that to cure and sealed all of the gaps on the inside. Since I used scraps there were tons of gaps, but I still had enough foam to go back outside and fill the gaps there.

I reinstalled the board, which will now be difficult to remove, ripped off the foam that came out of the first empty can, shoved it in the left corner, and emptied the second can around it.

I just saw my one Monday client, so the seals should have cured, but the other corner of the tent came loose, and I need to buy another long pry bar to secure it and the stake loop in the middle.

I should probably buy pry bars for the other side.

We have an extreme wind advisory.

Hopefully the rest of the tent holds!

I found a broken cargo strap and temporarily secured it to the base of the nearer apple tree, but I am going to drive the pry bars before returning to the shed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220411_164112.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	31914  

Last edited by Xist; 04-11-2022 at 09:20 PM..