Thread: Side Mirrors...
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 02:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Phase
Master EcoModder

Black Bullet - '19 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by basjoos View Post
South Carolina law just stated that you need a mirror that can see 100 yards behind the vehicle and that you only need side mirrors if you can’t see out through the interior mirror, no minimum size given. On the Aerocivic, I removed the external side mirrors and replaced them with smaller side mirrors mounted on the door on the interior side of the glass. As long as I didn’t pile luggage inside to the point of blocking line of sights for the main interior mirror, I was fine. Every time I got pulled over by cops curious about the car, I would ask them if anything about the car was illegal, and none of them had any complaints about the mirrors. Removing the exterior side mirrors reduced the wind noise inside the car considerably since these wind noise generators are located about 2 feet from your ears on the opposite side of the glass.
See I’m trying to avoid getting pulled over period. I’m technically running 15 percent “ illegal” window tints but cops here don’t care unless you give them a good reason to pull you over. I have 1300 dollar nano ceramic tints all around that block 98 percent of IR rays. They allow me to run my ac at only a fan speed of one in my black car, even in hot Arizona summer deserts. It’s amazing. That obviously helps save gas. Probably not 1300 dollars worth of gas, but extra privacy and comfort from the sun is nice. I just try to avoid getting pulled over because I don’t want a “ fix it” ticket

If I get small little micro side mirrors, I’ll probably also have to fabricate some type of mini aero curved shell on the leading side so it’s not a hard flat base pushing into the wind