View Single Post
Old 04-21-2022, 02:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,393 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
Idk about that. I was in an argument with half of the state of Arizona yesterday about lake Powell’s water levels dropping and they keep claiming the earth goes in cycles and that there’s no point in being green here with China polluting like crazy
It sounds like the half of the state of Arizona you were in disagreement with acknowledge climate change based on what you are sharing here (earth cycles and China pollution).

How much more water would Lake Powell have if I took the most extraordinary measure I could to reduce global warming, and kill myself? How much more water would there be if the entire state of AZ maximally reduced emissions by ending themselves? What is the point of Lake Powell if nobody is around to enjoy it?

The people you're arguing with aren't wrong about the futility of individual action, and that therein lay the entire problem.

That's not an excuse to forego conservation; after all I'm on an efficiency forum because I'm so fascinated by maximizing return on investment (efficiency). I'm realistic about those efforts, however.

You may be confusing the meaning of "climate change" because the original definition was the science/reality of an ever-changing global climate, and the more recent usage refers to a religion. The most common usage of the "climate denier" label now isn't to describe those that deny science, but to describe those that deny the religion.

The green religious folks antagonize the unbelieving heathens, and in return the unbelieving heathens antagonize the green religious folks by purposefully being sacrilegious to the faith. Of course, both behaviors are absurd.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 04-21-2022 at 02:30 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
BackroadBomber (04-21-2022)