View Single Post
Old 04-25-2022, 01:50 PM   #206 (permalink)
JacobLeSann
Master EcoModder

Well…

Life’s great! Peachy.

Was at an intersection when the light turned green. I drove forward and started getting up to speed, then suddenly a truck came flying through their red light and in front of my car. Slammed the brakes and managed to save myself but my whole front end is bent up terribly. No idea what that guy was thinking but I spent 5 minutes dancing around traffic and cleaning up the remains of my front end while feeling one of the worst emotional pains of my life. Guy was just quiet about it and said sorry once or twice. Police told me its not their case as I’m not injured. I think that’s stupid; if I wasn’t fast on the brakes I would very well be dead.

So engine is okay and there are no leaks or anything, still runs great. Whole front end is toast. Insurance is probably gonna write off my car and I don’t really know if it’s possible to fix that frame and pass an inspection. I’m extremely disappointed as I have so much money into this car.

So that’s fun. I can buy a ‘91 Civic DX hatch, but it’s an auto and needs a bit of rust repair. Could swap my engine in there with a OBD2 conversion. There’s another 97-98 coupe in town, so I’m gonna ask the owner about it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13CB3006-E612-45EA-9E3D-4B533D0B58C8.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	31998