View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 04:17 AM   #36 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,219 Times in 1,710 Posts
Did I mention that the Alaskan drove my car at least 5,000 miles (in 6 weeks)?

On Sunday I drove us home from Church and gave my brother my keys to get into the house while I helped Mom. Then he took a nap and I went to visit a friend, but I couldn't find my keys.

After I came home Mom found them, but meanwhile I took my Accord, drove carefully, and watched the gauges.

She drove all right, but when I got home I checked the fluids (except the coolant).

There was just one drop of oil on the end of the dipstick and the transmission dipstick was completely dry.

I should have checked the fluids as soon as I realized she drove 5,000 miles, but I was shocked!

I checked the coolant tonight and it was at the bottom of the neck, above the fins.

Since I spent $66 filling up a car that someone else drove (without thanking me!) and in order to fill up my Camry I would also need to do so without a discount I am disinclined to spend $130 on gas within a week when I haven't driven anywhere near that far.

I decided to drive the Honda, which means that I needed to top off my fluids.

When I checked my fluids my car was warmed up and in the street, which isn't level, but flatter than Mom's driveway, so results would be even less accurate, but I am not finding a flat spot.

I put in a quart and the dipstick was dry. I put in 2 quarts and it was still horribly low.

I put in 3 quarts!

Oil capacity in my car is 4.5 quarts.

How does this change my oil change interval?!

I am more concerned with why my car burned 2/3rds of its oil in 5,000 miles--and leaked at least a quart of ATF.