View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 06:45 AM   #17 (permalink)
toyobug
newbie here to learn

Hot Rod toyota - '87 Toyota pick-up 2wd
Quote:
Originally Posted by conradpdx View Post
Now as for the Volt I seriously doubt it'll be available in 2010. What ever happened to the Hydrogen car that they were promising in 2008-10 a couple years ago? It's a marketing gimmick to bilk a bailout of the government, and to keep their name in the media for something other than them running themselves in the ground. Truth is that most the breakthroughs in the alternative transport movement are coming from upstart companies in US and from foreign companies. I seriously doubt that when the poop hits the stator that the big three will still be three. They're just to stubborn, arrogant, and big to make the changes that they need to make to take on the upcoming onslaught.
That's it in a nutshell! Big corporate companies are just like presidential candidates, they will do or say what ever necessary to get people to "buy" into what they're selling. More times then not its not worth it. To me the Volt will not be worth it.
I'm anxious to see what the new Prius has to offer.
I too think that the EV "movement" will be spearheaded by the "up starts".
The only reason you're even seeing "promises" from the likes of Chevrolet is because they see the increasing interest.
Ultimately time will tell.