View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 08:12 PM   #49 (permalink)
ps2fixer
Master EcoModder

92 Camry - '92 Toyota Camry LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 26.81 mpg (US)

97 Corolla - '97 Toyota Corolla DX
Team Toyota
90 day: 30.1 mpg (US)

Red F250 - '95 Ford F250 XLT
90 day: 20.34 mpg (US)

Matrix - '04 Toyota Matrix XR
90 day: 31.86 mpg (US)

White Prius - '06 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktree View Post
There's an adapter you can buy to restore functionality of the steering wheel controls. And I think the head unit has to support steering wheel controls. But you can find it at Crutchfield for about $70.
The radio controls I have zero concern with, everything else functions, just the buttons don't light up when the head lights are on so it's hard to see which button does what at night. Based on what I read, one wire that goes to the radio just needs to be grounded to make the lights work. The stock radio would also be the way to fix it and doesn't require cutting wires.

Looks like there's two versions of the radio, one with a built in amp, the other had an external amp. I'm not sure which one is stock to my car or how to tell the difference. Mine's a base model, so I'd assume the built in amp version, since that's the pattern for LS400.

I tried to find the steering wheel controls in the wire diagrams, I think this is it. Seems to be a resistor logic setup. The lights aren't shown though.

For fun, here's the "body" wiring in this car.

Just to compare, here's the same diagram for a 1997 corolla

Pretty crazy just how much extra electronic gismos are hooked up in the prius and a lot of that wiring isn't hybrid related.