View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 09:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
conradpdx
EcoModding Lurker

the Mule - '99 Dodge Dakota
90 day: 14.54 mpg (US)
I think you'll find this to be one of the more comprehensive codes. I'm not 100% upto date on whats going on through the rest of the nation/Canada, but this the first code to allow load bearing bales that I've seen.

Just to give some back up info. Oregon is a IBC state (International Building Code) so most of our codes are through the IBC. The IBC is respected throughout the world for it's work and standards. And strawbale has hit the big time with IBC amendments in this part of the country. Oregon has earthquakes, lots of rain (west of the Cascades), high dessert (east of the cascades), and along the coast storms that rival hurricanes in wind speed. All in all, we pretty much get in just about everything here in this state that mother nature can dish in one place or another. Because of all this I was actually amazed that it was endorsed statewide, I kinda figured that it be left to the local governments to decide.

Good luck with it and keep us updated... (Start a blog and do it well and you could probably start your own specialized contracting company...especially if you bend the code enforcers in your area.)

If we can't be free, at least we can be cheap"--- Again F. Zappa

My guilty little pleasure