Thread: Motorkote?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 04:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Drifter
EcoModding Apprentice

Cx9 - '18 Mazda CX9 Grand Touring
90 day: 31.41 mpg (US)

Prius - '10 Toyota Prius III
90 day: 57.8 mpg (US)

Tundra - '00 Tundra V6 long bed base work truck
90 day: 19.4 mpg (US)
Quote:
MotorKote grew from the creative and tinkering skills of a Michigan PHD.
Appeal to authority. And not even a good one - PhD in what exactly? "Research Scientist" is all I see when I search for Motorkote's story. Is it at least in a related field like chemistry, physics, engineering? Or perhaps one of the softer sciences (a psychology PhD researcher might be pretty good at marketing snake oil)?

For what its worth, Bill Cosby has a PhD. They take effort (time, money, bureaucratic jumping through hoops) to get, but many require no particular intelligence or talent. Piled High and Deep...

Quote:
Lets check off the differences.

• It does not require heat to become active, others do, which does not protect against cold starts as MotorKote does.
What flying horse pucky is this nonsense? Becomes active? WTF does that mean? Active in what?

Quote:
• MotorKote works anywhere there is metal-to-metal contact. It has over 100 uses.
As does any oil

Quote:
• It’s stronger and uses only the best materials and last longer than others, yes it cost more, but not really. Do the math, you might be surprised to find (because it lasts longer) it actually costs less.
Stronger than what? By how much? What materials? How much longer? What math can I do with such vague promotional claims? If it works so well, show me. Where are the independent tests?

If "trucking companies" use it, why don't any of the major companies use it? The biggest companies drive over 1 billion miles each year and chase marginal gains from direct-drive transmissions, dead axles, trailer skirts, trailer tails, bubble fairings, etc. If this offered 17% improvement -- or even 0.17% improvement - don't you think UPS, FedEx, Swift, Schneider, etc would be customers?

Quote:
• It is not really an additive. MotorKote does not blend with other liquids. It uses them as a carrier host to find metal to bond to. Hence, it does not void warranties or alter SAE ratings. The leading oil stabilizer thickens oil and changes SAE ratings dramatically!
Say what now? Pseudo jargon mumbo jumbo. Carrier host - is this biologically active? LOL

Quote:
• It is a smooth long molecule that soaks into metal surfaces adding an extra layer of super slippery lubrication with no need to allow for fill space.
Oh well if it is super slippery sure!

Quote:
• MotorKote contains no solid substrates to clog filters. NO PTFE. NO moly, NO solids- no solids what–so-ever.
My neighbor isn't a child molester. He must be a good guy!
The Following User Says Thank You to Drifter For This Useful Post:
samwichse (05-10-2022)