View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 01:18 PM   #50 (permalink)
Phase
Master EcoModder

Black Bullet - '19 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden55 View Post
Try again with the fan at 80-90% speed. This is what ECO mode does on the gen 3 Prius. It also runs the compressor a very mediocre way so it doesn't use as much power. Its hard to explain but it feels like you have a less effective ac pump with a noisy fan.
I some what helped my summer mpg by doing 70% crystalline on the windshield and 40% crystalline on the side windows. Math wise it blocks around 80% of the energy going through the windows with the stock tint.
I noticed for me when it is 90, full sun, and humid outside when i am traveling by interstate it would be at 80% bars on fan the entire interstate and i would still be a hot cold sweat. After the tint the fan ran around 40-60% bars and i felt more evenly to temp.
If i remember correctly the AC pump is 3500w or 4500w
Yikes crystalline. Should’ve gone with xpel Xr plus. I got 70 on my windshield and then normal darkness on the sides and I have a black car. Only need one minimum AC bar even when it’s over 100 degrees outside then sometimes it still gets too chilly inside and I have to point the vents away from me