View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 06:34 PM   #56 (permalink)
ps2fixer
Master EcoModder

92 Camry - '92 Toyota Camry LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 26.81 mpg (US)

97 Corolla - '97 Toyota Corolla DX
Team Toyota
90 day: 30.1 mpg (US)

Red F250 - '95 Ford F250 XLT
90 day: 20.34 mpg (US)

Matrix - '04 Toyota Matrix XR
90 day: 31.86 mpg (US)

White Prius - '06 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
I think the laws here for tints are pretty strict, front side windows can't be tinted a whole lot, and front window I think is like 10 or 15% max. I think rear side windows and rear window you can go to 90% if you wanted to. Have to love how each state has different laws on something that probably should be regulated at the federal level.

I've never been into the look of tinted cars, very light tint I don't mind, but blacked out I'm not a fan of. I understand down south it's more of a function of looks thing. I guess it's kind of like the cars with the huge rims, I prefer to have some sidewall to my tires even if they are pumped up to 50psi lol. I get mud tires, bigger tires gets through more mud, so atleast some of the trucks with big tires are for function. Doing it just for looks is kind of goofy, but it's not my money so they can do what they want with it.

It's kind of ironic, all of the stuff people do to make their vehicles look unique is almost always harmful to FE. About the only one that helps that I can think of is lowered vehicles and I'm pretty sure the owners aren't super worried about how far they can go on a tank of gas.

Anyway, summers are pretty mild up here, but it would be nice to have a little bit of something to reflect the heat. Not a huge deal for winter time, there's a ton of waste heat to use generally for that issue lol.