View Single Post
Old 05-13-2022, 01:52 PM   #57 (permalink)
Blacktree
Master EcoModder

The Prius Experiment - '07 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 58.52 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
I noticed on my dad's RX300 that the windows have an almost mirror like look to the surface. Not sure what that is exactly, but it seems to shed away the heat fairly well and inside the car it doesn't seem to be tinted too much, but don't know what % it would be.
Probably metallic tint.

Anyway, there's been a plot twist. Remember when I said temperatures won't go below 90*F for the rest of the season? Well, we just had a cool spell... or at least, cool by Florida standards. So I haven't been using the A/C. That's great for mpg, but not so great for data.

I want to make sure the change in seasons doesn't skew the before & after data for the wheel covers. So I need to do a few fillups during the summer heat, before installing the pizza pans. If I install them now, summer will be in full swing before the mpg test is over, and that'll skew the results.

Meanwhile, the "real" project car (the BMW) is almost ready for the big suspension overhaul. So the pizza pan install might get pushed back til later this summer. That's unfortunate, but I have to budget my time.