View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 05:46 PM   #298 (permalink)
Phase
Master EcoModder

Black Bullet - '19 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
A small bubble of stagnant air at the cowl area below the base of the windshield is an intentional design feature which, allows un-powered, passive cabin ventilation.
Typically, the windshield wipers reside within this 'bubble' and the outer airflow just travels over it, rendering virtually zero drag for the wipers.
A Lamborghini Aventador, at 210-mph is a different story.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The EPA HWY numbers might be seen around 100-km/h ( 62-mph ).
You might knock the barnacles off your calculator and see if you can run the numbers. The sooner you learn to 'fish', the sooner you can throw me under the bus. You'll be self-sufficient in quanta.
As to 'CITY' driving, see if the pure electric Hyundai's use a lower rolling resistance tire. I know GM does this. It's very difficult to remove enough weight from modern cars to make a difference.
I’ve always been curious to what the cd for the electric Ioniq is. It has a smooth underbody versus the hybrids obviously. Not to mention a much smoother front grill. I wonder if the hybrid Ioniqs are actually 25 and the electric version is 24. Or maybe the hybrids are 24 and the electric is 23 or lower. Then again, if it was lower, Hyundai would probably be shouting out how much lower the ev is…

No idea.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phase For This Useful Post:
aerohead (05-16-2022)