View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 12:05 PM   #38 (permalink)
Deezler
Master EcoModder

Bio Deezler (sold) - '03 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI
90 day: 50.78 mpg (US)

The Beast. - '03 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT
90 day: 12.86 mpg (US)
Well it's too bad that photobucket stole all my pics from this thread (and many others).

But I still have the 2500HD. Probably never getting rid of this beast, it's just too good and new truck prices are astronomical, of course.

I did complete a couple more aeromods last summer, in advance of a 2000 mile camper road trip.

Most importantly, a front air dam, finally. The 4" tall lawn edging looked big in my hands, but on the truck, it's clear that 6" tall would have been better. Oh well. Combined with some front wheel spats that my front tires rub on. And one extra piece of coroplast behind the air dam to smooth any flow that sneaks under it.

Then a bulb went out in my center cab-clearance light atop the roof, and I decided to finally try fabricating a more low-profile setup with LEDs. Was not easy, but I think it works.

Unfortunately the truck had to sit outdoors all winter long. So she got some detailing love this past weekend. I don't intend to daily drive it again, but we have a lot of projects on the ranch for this summer/fall and I'll be making a lot of errand runs for materials (lumber $ = ouch).

As for mpg these days. This is about as good as long trips or full tanks get. Significantly better than 12mpg, though.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deezler For This Useful Post:
freebeard (05-19-2022), mpgmike (05-19-2022), samwichse (05-19-2022)