View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 10:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
serialk11r
Master EcoModder

spyder2 - '00 Toyota MR2 Spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgmike View Post
Have you tried it yet?
No, I haven't been able to buy a car to try it on yet. I think the market is supposed to cool a little because I see dealers dropping their prices a bit, but the good deals get snatched up very fast. I have some time during the summer to find a spare O2 sensor and do a little soldering.

I don't think I would do this modification to my V8 Vantage because I already have the ability to change the sensor setpoint in the ECU and have already leaned out the AFRs as much as possible. The typical load is so low that going a few % lean will really not help much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
There are dual efies that use a similar design but it’s fully adjustable to set how much lean you want.
Yes it is actually better to just change the switching voltage at the ECU, but that would involve flashing the ECU which is a big upfront cost and added hassle in California.

Of course, this modification will reduce O2 sensor signal amplitude by a bit so in expected value terms you will have to replace the sensor a bit sooner.

A wideband sensor would be better but if you have a wideband, you might as well go much leaner and tune the car for it.

Last edited by serialk11r; 05-19-2022 at 10:55 PM..