View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 08:48 PM   #69 (permalink)
mpgmike
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityRacer View Post
Excellent information MPG mike,
So what did your Roush testing results prove?
In short, we can improve combustion efficiency. At the time, the Sonata was a late model car. We also proved that improving combustion efficiency could at best improve emissions, but at worst, didn't hurt them. Though not part of the Roush testing, we proved that improving combustion efficiency improved performance. The 4-cylinder Sonata would keep up with my mother-in-law's V-6 Sonata right up to near red-line. The V-6 could actually walk away at the top end.

Over the years I talked with a couple inventors that spent the money to verify their gizmos with Roush-like testing. They would be getting anywhere from 50% to 300% increase in mileage over stock in the real world. However, when they took it in for testing, they all found the results for fuel economy were pretty close to stock. (One poor guy said the results came back worse than stock!)

I can tell you we got extremely consistent 60+ MPG from that Sonata, but you'd have to take my word for it (that is in fact what we got driving it regularly). However, I can tell you Roush gave us 42 and our proof will hold up in US Federal Court.
RealityRacer (05-22-2022)