View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 05:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
almightybmw
Custom User Title

Daily Driver - '02 Pontiac Grand Prix SE
90 day: 18.45 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by achang1 View Post
remove everything you deem not necessary from inside the car. seats, carpet, trim, etc thats the free stuff.
if you are a guy who believes in the ends justify the means, you can get lighter tires; lighter rims, lightest ive seen is 12 pounds, replace some or all glass with polycarbonate(lexan); replace ll possible body parts with polyurethane or fiberglass or kevlar; remove the spare, and have AAA handy; switch to lighter racing seats; etc etc, you get my idea. in order to gain 4-5%, you end up spending alot of money, or time for fabrication. you decide.
Totally agree. Although you can get the semi-lightweight stuff for relatively cheap if you search hard enough. I'm down 300lbs in my second car from extreme stripping. still rockin' the stock driver seat, still have 25lbs of sound deadener to remove, haven't changed out to a smaller fuel cell, still using glass instead of poly, haven't finished removing dead weight off the front end. I'm sure I have 100lbs more I can remove. I haven't even brought the grinder out to remove random metal.

Note: ^ Not for the average user ^