View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 01:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
JacobLeSann
Master EcoModder

Time/Cost Effective Mods for a Colorado?

Hey all, I’ll be picking up a civic in good condition down south. My sister will be going regardless, so we will carpool in the truck she’s driving (I currently have no car). I have until this Saturday to get the truck tuned up, but I figured I might entertain some mods to help eke out some more MPG. What do you guys think are the best mods for the effort/cost involved? I will be using coroplast and similar materials and I can’t mess with the stock vehicle (no mirror deletes, no blocking the rear windshield, etc.). Luckily, we don’t need the box to be functional. Im thinking wheel covers, a makeshift tonneau cover with a bonneville style deck extension, and maybe some sort of roof spoiler at the rear. Im asking you guys as trucks are something I have no aero knowledge of. I have coroplast and sheets of acrylic as well as various other bits available.

The truck is a 2007 Chevy Colorado Extended Cab. Automatic trans. V6 iirc. This is a ~600km trip on open highway with little stops. The rest is some tricky city driving. She wants to do it all in one day. I’ll be driving the civic back, which I’m not too concerned about in terms of economy.